Spread the word
The more people who know about your hospital charity, the more people will show their support!
Patients and their loved ones are often grateful for the amazing care you’ve given them. If someone asks how they can say thank you, you can tell them 3 things about Barts Charity:
- Barts Charity is our hospital charity
- If you’d like to say thank you, we’d be grateful for a donation to the hospital fund – no matter how big or small, every penny counts
- Money raised at this hospital, will be spent at this hospital. Staff can benefit from your donations by applying to the hospital fund for support
We strongly encourage people to give to the general fund for each hospital. This means that funding is equally accessible to all staff and can be more flexible to respond to needs. Lots of small donations will also add up more quickly and can have a bigger impact.
It’s easy to donate
There are 4 ways people can donate:
- ‘Tap to donate’ at a contactless donation point on site (coming soon to all hospitals)
- Visit bartscharity.org.uk/donate
- Call 020 7618 1720 to make a card donation over the phone
- Send a cheque payable to ‘Barts Charity’ to Barts Charity, 12 Cock Lane, London, EC1A 9BU, including a note of the donor’s name and address, and mentioning the hospital
If someone has given you a donation directly (e.g. cheques or cash) please see the guidance below on how to get it to us.
Take part in fundraising
Why not take part in some fundraising of your own? If you and your team would like to get involved and raise money for your hospital fund, we’d love to hear from you. The more you raise, the more money will be available to support projects at your hospital. And it’s great for team building too!
You can do almost anything, from a bake sale to a marathon – take a look at some suggestions here.
How to send in donations or fundraising
- Online: Make a payment via our donation page. Remember to select your hospital when prompted.
- Cheques: Cheques must be made payable to ‘Barts Charity’. You can drop them off at your hospital Cashier’s Office and we’ll collect them (except St Bartholomew’s) or you can bring them in to our office or post them to us.
- Cash: Drop it off at your hospital Cashier’s Office (except St Bartholomew’s) and we’ll collect it or you can bring it to our office.
Barts Health run a payroll giving scheme for Trust staff. Donations are taken from your salary pre-tax, so every £1 you donate will only cost you 80p. We’d love you to consider your hospital charity when choosing a charity to support, but you can donate to any charity by setting up payroll giving on this website.
To support Barts Charity, select ‘other’ in the list of charities and type in our name.