Information about us
The Site is operated by Barts Charity (The Charity). The Charity is registered as a charity in England and Wales under charity number 212563 and its office is based at Ground Floor, 12 Cock Lane, London EC1A 9BU.
Accessing the Site
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and the Charity reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service the Charity provides on the Site without notice (see below). The Charity will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your Internet connection are aware of the Terms, and that they comply with them.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the Site in any way:
- that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors.
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards, described below.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to transmit any data, send or upload knowingly any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of the Terms.
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Intellectual property rights
The Charity is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in respect of the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from the Charity or the Charity’s licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Site in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and you must, at the Charity’s option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on the Site are for general information only and are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed.
The Charity cannot guarantee that information provided through the Site will meet your individual requirements, which may be different for each person accessing the Site. The Charity therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Prior to using or relying on any information from the Site, you may wish to seek professional advice.
The Site changes regularly
The Charity aims to update the Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, the Charity may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely. Whilst the Charity makes efforts to keep the content of the site updated, any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and the Charity is under no obligation to update such material.
The Charity’s liability
The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, the Charity hereby expressly excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect the Charity’s liability for death or personal injury arising from the Charity’s negligence, nor the Charity’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to the Site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. The Charity will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and the Charity will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
The Charity will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Breach of the Terms by Users
Failure to comply with the Terms constitutes a material breach of the Terms and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Linking to the Site
You may link to the home page of the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the Charity’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the Charity’s part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site from any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site. The Charity reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards above.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request email@example.com
Links from the Site
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The Charity has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Charity may revise the Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes the Charity made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in the Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the Site.