Please structure this section following the headings above. This is the main body of the proposal, most of the key information should be here.
Your application will be read by a range of people including experts in the field as well as individuals who may not know the context of your application in detail. Please write your application with this in mind.
References, Gantt charts, figures and any other supporting information referred to here must be uploaded as an attachment.
1. Background, rationale, context or need
Describe the background to the project and how the need for intervention in this area has arisen. In this section please provide the evidence base/justification for the proposal, including the current state of the field/area. It is important to include details of any preliminary work (published or unpublished) that has led up to this proposal. Include citations, where appropriate, to the literature as well as your own work (including to figures/data uploaded as additional information).
2. Key aims and objectives
Describe the key research questions/hypothesis that you will address through this work. If your project does not have an underlying research question/hypothesis, describe how this work will lead to progress in the field.
3. Project plan
Clearly explain how you will address your project’s aims/objectives. Provide enough information to demonstrate why you consider your approach is likely to be successful, including details of any relevant contingency plans. Include, as appropriate:
- justification for the choice of (qualitative/quantitative)
- details of any validation already undertaken or rationale for using the selected protocols
- the proposed sample size (including power calculations) and/or details of (statistical) analysis plans. Where you have received input from an expert statistician, please include their details.
- method(s) for sample selection
- potential risks and associated mitigation plans
- details of any milestones.
You must include a timetable with key milestones in this section or provide a Gantt Chart as an attachment.
4. Expected outcomes/outputs/benefits
Outline the key outcomes/outputs/benefits that are expected to arise from this project.