Level of funding: up to £7,000
Duration of funding: up to 12 months
Purpose: To support the research projects undertaken by NIHR Academic Clinical Fellows at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- This is a pump-priming funding scheme, supporting clinical researchers at an early stage in their careers to:
- carry out proof-of-concept studies or collect pilot data for a larger grant application
- gain experience of grant-writing and managing grants
- strengthen their CV for future grant and fellowship applications
- build confidence as researchers.
Who can apply?
For the duration of the award, you must have an NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry at Queen Mary University of London.
Your Supervisor must be employed by Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London for the period of the grant. The Supervisor will act as Sponsor for the grant, if successful, and is responsible for the administration of the award.
What we offer
This scheme provides up to £7,000 to support an NIHR ACF’s research project. The following costs may be requested:
- Materials and Consumables
- A contribution towards the cost of conference attendance
- Public and Patient, Involvement and Engagement (PPIE).
Please see the Barts Charity Grants costs policy for more detail.
Salary, equipment, travel or training costs are not covered by this scheme.
How to apply
We recommend that you discuss the application with your Supervisor and Speciality Academic Lead before applying.
You must complete the online application form. Remember to save your application often and to attach all the necessary documents before submission.
The application must be costed and agreed by the Joint Research Management Office (JRMO). Please contact the JRMO well in advance of the submission date to allow enough time to provide your costing.
Funding decision and review
- Your application will be checked by the Barts Charity team to ensure it is eligible and within the scheme’s remit
- Applications will then be assessed by the Chair of our Fellowship Interview Panel.
- We aim to let you know the outcome of your application within 8 weeks of the deadline
We have one call for ACF Support Grant applications a year:
The next deadline for submission is 5pm 19 August 2021.