We’re dedicated to
Transforming the Women’s and Neonatal Unit into a modern environment for patients, supporting the high quality of care provided and providing enhanced opportunities for research.
The difference we’re making
- Remodelling seven wards including the antenatal clinic and the labour ward to vastly improve the patient experience
- Expanding the unit to respond to the increase in the number of births in the local area, which is expected to grow by 33,000 in the next four years
- Creating better facilities for partners – and parents of babies who need special care – to stay overnight
- Introducing dedicated facilities to increase the research capacity of the Barts Research Centre for Women’s Health and help future generations
- Building an emergency corridor to the main hospital, a journey that currently requires an ambulance
Funding extraordinary healthcare
- When the research hub is in place, the network of clinical maternity researchers across London will be the largest in Europe.
- As well as hugely improving the environment for mums and partners, the redevelopment is expected to have a big impact on staff morale and help Whipps Cross to recruit the best.
- The redevelopment works are currently underway and are scheduled to be completed by autumn 2020.