We’re dedicated to
Transforming the Women’s and Neonatal Unit into a modern environment for patients, supporting the high quality of care provided and providing enhanced opportunities for research.
The difference we’re making
Robotic surgery has already brought many advantages for patients:
- shorter stays in hospital; even patients undergoing major cancer surgery can be discharged one day after surgery
- less post-operative pain and minimal scarring
- fewer complications after operations, with patients returning to pre-operative levels of health faster
- reduced blood loss and less need for blood transfusions
- allows previously inoperable patients to be treated
Funding extraordinary healthcare
Over 300 patients have now benefitted from robotic surgery.
At St Bartholomew’s, the robot was the first in the UK to be dedicated to cardiothoracic cases, whilst at The Royal London Hospital, the robot is uniquely used across six different disciplines – Gynae-oncology, Colorectal, Hepatobillary, Urology, Ear, nose and throat surgery, and Renal transplant.