We’re dedicated to
Building the next generation of healthcare professionals and ensuring that all young people in East London have access to the same career opportunities, regardless of their background.
The difference we’re making
We are supporting young people throughout their journey to a healthcare career, with initiatives tailored by age group:
- Hands-on events and work experience placements for secondary school students
- Immersive simulations of how an operating theatre works in the cutting-edge simulation suite at The Royal London Hospital for teenagers
- Direct support and advice will be offered for students completing applications for university
- Motivational training, interview skills development and regular events showcasing the range of available opportunities for young people getting straight into work
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan on 'Healthcare Horizons'
Funding extraordinary healthcare
We have worked with the JPMorgan Chase Foundation and Barts Health NHS Trust to make this programme one of the largest of its kind, reaching:
- Over 1000 students across Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Newham and Hackney
- Over 200 work experience placements will be offered to east London schools and colleges
- 200 apprentices will be recruited through-out the programme