Level of funding: From £5,000 up to £50,000
Duration of funding: Up to 12 months
Purpose: To support great ideas and improvements focused on delivering even better healthcare at the Barts Health hospitals.
We may be able to help you further develop existing activities or get a new initiative off the ground.
We are interested in funding innovative projects that make a positive and long-lasting change at the Barts Health hospitals and go above and beyond what we’d expect the NHS to normally provide.
In your application for a grant, we will look for:
- The benefit on patients and/or staff
- A clear plan to make it happen
- Originality, innovation and inventiveness
- Plans and commitment to making the project sustainable beyond Barts Charity funding and/or lead to a lasting change
- Plans to monitor and evaluate the impact and share your findings and outcomes (both locally and in the wider healthcare sector, if appropriate)
- Why the project should be supported by charitable funds
Sometimes the most impactful ideas are simple and not the most inventive and original. We manage funds donated for a restricted or specific purpose which we may be able to use to help fund your idea in those cases so still do get in touch.
Who can apply
If you are employed by Barts Health NHS Trust (and will be for the duration of the grant), you can apply for funding as the main applicant.
You can apply with up to 3 co-applicants. They may be external to the Trust, but you’ll need to explain why their specific expertise is needed. The focus of the project must be the Barts Health hospitals
What we offer
Please see the Barts Charity grants cost policy for what types of cost can be requested.
How to apply
Stage 1: Expression of Interest
Firstly, you’ll need to complete an Expression of Interest at the link below.
This will help us to advise you whether your project is something we might be able to fund, before asking you to complete a full application.
Stage 2: Full Application
We’ll then send you a link to our online application system. We consider invited full applications 5 times a year (dates below).
All full applications must:
- be fully costed and agreed by the relevant Barts Health NHS Trust Finance Office
- include a completed endorsement form
- include a letter of support from your Head of Department, Clinical Board, Hospital Board or Senior Leadership, as appropriate.
Funding decision and review
Funding decisions are taken by the Charity, but we may approach relevant teams within the Trust if we need additional input to help us assess your request.
You can expect an outcome within 8 weeks of the deadline.
Your Expression of Interest form must be submitted by 5pm on the day of the deadline.
- 30 July 2021
- 27 August 2021
- 24 September 2021
- 29 October 2021
- 26 November 2021
- 28 January 2022
- 25 February 2022