Gift Aid

With Gift Aid, you can make your donation to us worth 25% more. So for every £1 you donate, we get an extra 25p by claiming back the tax on the donation – all of which makes a significant difference to our work helping patients in the hospitals we support.

Are you a UK taxpayer? You can fill out a Gift Aid declaration for any qualifying donations you’ve given us in the past four years. This will help us claim back the tax on those donations – and you’ll only need to fill this out once.

Signing a declaration doesn’t mean you’re obliged to make donations – it just means that any qualifying donations you do make will be covered by the Gift Aid scheme.

Download our Gift Aid declaration form
A collection of thank you cards

Frequently asked questions on Gift Aid

Which donations qualify for gift aid?

  • We can claim gift aid on a personal donation made from a personal bank or building society account
  • The donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection

Which donations do not qualify?

  • Gift Aid can’t be claimed on donations made on behalf of a group or a collection
  • We can't claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts

What is needed to claim Gift Aid?

  • Your full name and home address
  • For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount Barts Charity claims in the appropriate tax year (6th April one year to 5th April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
  • Using the declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last four years and all future donations
  • Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records

How do I cancel my declaration?

  • Please call us (020 7618 1720), send us a letter, or:
Email us

Related pages


Donate to help us fund extraordinary healthcare for more patients. You can make a single donation or set up a regular gift.

Donate now